Elnora Family and Community Support Services is committed to empowering individuals, to creating healthy families, and building caring communities. Currently, our local programs are Meals on Wheels, Fruit to School, Lifeline, Community Connections, Community Garden, referrals and a monthly newsletter.
Many programs require commitment, both time and money. If you have time or interest in volunteering in the community, please call or email Michelle at 403-773-3920 or email@example.com to discuss. We can always use extra hands.
FCSS Office Hours
Monday to Thursday: 09:30 AM – 04:30 PM
We are closed from noon to 01:00 PM.
If you or someone you know is in need of help, please contact Michelle at 219 Main Street, Elnora.
Section 2.1(1) (a) of the FCSS Regulation states: “Services under a program must be of a preventive nature that enhances the social well-being of individuals and families through promotion or intervention strategies provided at the earliest opportunity.”
Section 2.1(2) (b) states: “Services under a program must do one or more of the following:
· Help people to develop independence, strengthen coping skills and become more resistant to crisis;
· Help people to develop an awareness of social needs;
· Help people to develop interpersonal and group skills which enhance constructive relationships among people;
· Help people and communities to assume responsibility for decisions and actions which affect them;
· Provide supports that help sustain people as active participants in the community."
For more information please visit FCSSAA website.
McMann Family Resource Network
Phone: (403) 227-5580
Government of Alberta social based program and service directory
CMHA Canadian Mental Health Association
Mental Health Help Line
Central Alberta Women's Emergency Shelter
Alberta Seniors Benefit (ASB) program
Monthly income supplement to federal income sources.
For more information or eligibility
Central Alberta Sexual Assault Support Centre
Central Alberta Child Advocacy Centre
Phone: (587) 272-2233
Family Violence Help Line
Elder Abuse Hotline
Crisis Suicide Line
Child & Family Services Authority - Child Welfare